VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Free shipping AFTER coupon... 16 Jun 2015 15:35 #1

• DragonJoli
  • DragonJoli's Avatar Topic Author
Hello Reinhold,

I have been using your plugin for a few months now, it works great... but I faced some issue today :

When a coupon (I use AWO) is applied to the order, the plugin calculates the shiping fees (in that case , the free shipping), BEFORE the coupon... I would like it to calculate the shipping fees AFTER the customer applies the coupon...
Example : free shipping is from 55 €. The customer has 60 euros of products in the cart. He applies a 10 % coupon, so the total is now 54 €. I want him NOT ton be able to have the free shipping, but the systme gives it to him, as the total BEFORE the coupon was above 55 €...
I hope I explained it clearly, just let me know if not.

Is there something I do wrong ?...

Thank you by advance

Free shipping AFTER coupon... 16 Jun 2015 16:09 #2

• DragonJoli
I forgot : I use J 2.5.28 and VM 2.6.12

(upgrade is on its way...)

Free shipping AFTER coupon... 18 Jun 2015 23:54 #3

Dear DragonJoli,
You are correct, the order amounts available in the rules do not have the awo coupon discounts deducted. The reason is purely technical: AwoCoupon coupons are evaluated by VirtueMart AFTER the shipping costs are calculated, so when VirtueMart calculates calls the shipping plugins for the shipping costs of the order, the coupons have not yet been evaluated.
See also: open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rules-p...nt-applied.html#5551

Sorry,
Reinhold

Free shipping AFTER coupon... 19 Jun 2015 08:37 #4

• DragonJoli
Thank you for your answer, even if it is very bad news.
I was pretty sure natively the coupons were applied before the calculation of the shipping, but anyway I will have to find another solution then, unfortunately...

Free shipping AFTER coupon... 13 Dec 2015 19:10 #5

We have now created a first version of the awocoupon varaibles extension for the shipping by rules plugin:
open-tools.net/virtuemart/advanced-shipp...ipping-by-rules.html

That plugin (after installing and enabling it in the Joomla config) will make a number of variables available to the shipping by rules plugin, that include the AwoCoupon discounts. See the link above for a list of variables and their descriptions.

Note that for technical reasons, the first page load after a coupon is added or changed will NOT have the correct discounts (because AwoCoupon is called after the shipping methods, so the the first evaluation of the shipping methods after coupon changes will still get the old coupon values).

Best regards,
Reinhold

Free shipping AFTER coupon... 14 Dec 2015 08:23 #6

• DragonJoli
That is very good news, Thank you Reinhold !
  • Page: