VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help shipping per magazine volumes 21 Jun 2015 11:25 #1

• zagrox
  • zagrox's Avatar Topic Author
Hello There
beside the other products, we want to sell Magazine volumes with this option for shoppers to add quantity as their requested volumes “Like 6 in quantity for next 6 monthly volumes”
But the question is, how we can calculate different shipping prices for next months in checkout? because they have the different shipping each month!
Do we have this ability with your tools to define the quantity related to separate shipping calculation?
Ability: calculating 6 different shipping prices for a 6 number of a magazine order.

Thanks in advance for your help

Help shipping per magazine volumes 26 Jun 2015 23:05 #2

Dear Zagrox,
Do I understand you correctly that you want to interpret the quantity of one product differently, In particular, for you magazine product, a quantity of e.g. 8 does not mean 8 identical copies, but rather a magazine subscription for 8 volumes? For these 8 volumes, you then want to calculate an extra shipping, depending on the date of the order (i.e. each month has a different, fixed shipping cost, which is known in advance)?

If each month has the same shipping cost (let's say 5€), I would approach this like (assuming the magazine product has an sku "sku-mag"):
Variable=MagazinShipping; Value=evaluate_for_skus(articles, "sku-mag")*5
Name=General shipping costs for the order; Shipping=123+MagazinShipping
The last rule of course describes your shipping cost structure for all other products, for which you didn't give any details, so I simply used a fixed shipping cost of 123 in addition to the shipping cost of 5 for each month of magazine subscription.

If the shipping cost for each month is different, then the shipping cost probably depends on the date when the order is posted, right? You can then use the month() and day() functions to make the calculation depend on the order date, but that might quickly get messy and complicated (there are no date-manipulation functions available in the rules...).

Of course, all details depend on the exact details of your whole shipping cost structure..

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: