VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping Rules for categories 20 Jul 2015 09:15 #1

• websiteprojects
  • websiteprojects's Avatar Topic Author
Hi

Could you please tell me how I have a separate shipping rule for one category.

Currently my rules are:
evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 23)==Articles; Shipping=10
articles==1; Shipping=15.50
articles==2; 18.00
articles==3; 18.00
articles==4; 18.00
articles==5; 18.00
articles==6; 18.00
articles==7; 18.00
articles==8; 18.00

However If something is order from VirtueMart Category 33 I would like the postage to be $15

Thanks for your assistance

Shipping Rules for categories 23 Jul 2015 12:15 #2

• websiteprojects
could I please have a reoly to this

Shipping Rules for categories 25 Jul 2015 23:03 #3

Dear Websiteprojects,
Your first rule means that ONLY products from category 23 are ordered.
If you want the postage to be $15 if at least one article from category 23 is ordered, you should change the rule to e.g.
23 in Categories; Shipping=10
(This is not the only possibility, but probably the easiest...)

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: Sorry for the delay, but we have been busy catching up after vacation...

Shipping Rules for categories 26 Jul 2015 07:19 #4

• websiteprojects
Hi

I added that rule however it does not override the other shipping so the user is given the option to select. You can see that Australia Post Satchel and Express Post are options however really the only option available for this category should be the Australia Post Box.

Could you please see the attached and advise?
Attachments:

Shipping Rules for categories 26 Jul 2015 11:01 #5

Dear Websiteprojects,
VirtueMart handles all shipping methods independently. Since you have three methods set up, and each returns a shipping rate, VM will simply offer all three of them. There is nothing you can do in the "Australia Post Box" shipping method.

You can, however, modify the other two shipping methods to not offer a shipping rate if category 23 is in the cart. Simply prepend the following rule to to the "Australia Post Satchel" and "Express Post" shipping methods:
23 in Categories; NoShipping
Now, when a product from category 23 is offered, the satchel and express post methods will no longer offer a shipping rate and the post box will be the only rate offered.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping Rules for categories 27 Jul 2015 03:41 #6

• websiteprojects
thanks for this. So it is working that the correct rate is charged when an item is purchased from Category 23. However when an item is purchased from Category 23 and items are purchased from other categories also only the Category 23 rate is charged. I would like so that they are charged the Categroy 23 rate + the standard shipping for all other category items.

Could you please advise how to achieve this?

Thanks

Shipping Rules for categories 02 Aug 2015 16:23 #7

In that case, I would use rules like:
23 in Categories; ExtraShippingCharge=10
Variable=MyWeight; Value=weight-evaluate_for_categories(Weight, 23)
[... your other rules, using MyWeight instead of weight...]

Basically, what I do is to check if category 23 is in the cart. If that is the case, we charge 10€/$/£ extra. However, as you said you want to base your shipping costs on all OTHER items, you cannot use e.g. Weight for the other items, because the Weight variable includes the products from category 23, too. Instead, you define your own variable MyWeight, where you subtract the weight of all products from category 23, so the MyWeight variable contains the weight only of all OTHER category items.
If you use other quantities than the weight, you would define another custom variable similarly.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: