VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I keep getting no shippment method selected 27 Oct 2015 05:30 #1

• juicydig
  • juicydig's Avatar Topic Author
I have setup a few variables of shipping and it shows the correct price in the cart but I keep getting no shippment method selected when i try to finalize the purchase, are you able to help me look into this?

www.luxozen.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart

Also, is there a way to create a rule that only shows a shipping price based an text within an SKU code, we have two different products and would like one shipping price for any sku that contains COV and one that contails FIL is that possible?

I keep getting no shippment method selected 28 Oct 2015 02:19 #2

• juicydig
  • juicydig's Avatar Topic Author
can someone please help as to why I cannot checkout currently? I keep getting no shipment method selected?

I keep getting no shippment method selected 31 Oct 2015 13:49 #3

Dear JuicyDig,

1. When you are not offered any shipping method during checkout, this means that none of the rules match. Typically, the cause is some minor oversight or some thinking mistake when writing the rules. What are your exact rules?

2. While it is possible to make conditions based on whether there are any SKUs that contain "CIV", the shipping costs cannot be calculated easily per-product.
The condition whether any (or even how many) SKUs contains "CIV" is not provided in the plugin itself, but with the RegExp extension for the shipping plugin:
open-tools.net/virtuemart/advanced-shipp...ipping-by-rules.html
If you only have the two cases you mention (COV in the SKU, FIL in the SKU, and all other products), you might even be able to write a rule with per-product shipping costs. It depends on the details of your product catalog and the exact definition of your shipping costs.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: