VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Won't let me save my changes?? 16 Feb 2017 15:57 #1

• tomlohen
  • tomlohen's Avatar Topic Author
Hi

I have been using the free shipping rules plugin for a while now. This still has active rules and is working fine.

I just installed the paid version which was successful but it will not let me save any changes when i try and add a rule?

Do i have to disable the free plugin first?

Running Joomla! 2.5.24 & VirtueMart 2.6.14

Thanks for any help

Regards
Tom

Won't let me save my changes?? 18 Feb 2017 20:32 #2

Dear Tom,
The two versions of the plugin should work alongside, so you can have some methods that use the free plugin (less overhead, as the rules interpretation takes less calculation) and some methods that use the paid plugin.

When changes to the config are not changed, there are some possible causes:
1. Can you please check and make sure if you have both the paid and the free version installed, that the same version numbers are installed? The two versions share some code, so if the free version is a different version number than the paid, the paid version might use some outdated code from the free plugin. If both plugins have the same version number, it does not matter, whether VM loads the common code from the free or the paid plugin.

2. In VirtueMart, a shipping method can have at most ~19.000 characters configuration data, which for our plugin means that all rulesets of one method together must be shorter than ~18.000 characters. The reason is technical: VM specifies a database layout for the MySQL database with these restrictions. If VM tries to store a longer configuration, MySQL will simply cut it off, so the next attempt to load the configuration will fail. There is nothing one can do, except trying to shorten the rules.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: