VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help needed to create rule on shipping wine 06 Feb 2018 12:55 #1

• etreu
  • etreu's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
I am trying to create Rules Syntax for the following shipment rules below.
I am not sure if I need the advanced shipping tools or not to accomplish this and I could not find examples based on units.

The shipping is calculated on number of bottles ordered and varies per zone (country)

France métropole up until 24 bottles (75 cl) : 29 € forfaitaire
France métropole over 25 bottles: free shipping
0 to 24 bottles Over 24
Etranger zone 1 80 € 62 €
Etranger zone 2 139 € 105 €

zone 1 = Allemagne, Pays Bas, Belgique, Luxembourg, Italie ( hors Sardaigne et Sicile), Portugal, Espagne (hors Baléares), Suisse, Autriche
zone 2 = Suède, Norvège, Danemark, Finlande, Irlande, Sardaigne, Sicile, Baléares
Any help or advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Help needed to create rule on shipping wine 16 Feb 2018 23:32 #2

Dear Etreu,
Do you only sell bottles? In particular, if an order contains 25 articles (counted by their quantity), are these always only bottles? If that is the case, you can use the Articles variable as the number of bottles.
From what I can see, you don't need the paid version in that case (the paid version only adds mathematical formulas and list handling).

If I understand you correctly, you basically have three zones:
  1. France
  2. Zone 1
  3. Zone 2

Rules for France (first country set):
Articles<=24; Shipping=29
Artibles>=25; Shipping=0

Rules for Zone 1:
Articles<=24; Shipping=80
Articles>=25; Shipping=62

Rules for Zone 2:
Articles<=24; Shipping=139
Articles>=25; Shipping=105

If, on the other hand, you also sell other items, then you first need to determine the number of bottles in the order (usually indicated by a special category) and store that in a new variable that you use instead of Articles. For this you would typically need the paid version.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Help needed to create rule on shipping wine 18 Feb 2018 11:41 #3

• etreu
Thank you so much for your reply Reinhold.
We also sell concert tickets for events at the winery. Not sure how to handle that yet but I should be able to figure it out.

Quick question: we sell Magnum bottle which count for 2 regular 75cl bottles.
Is there a formula for when people buy a 1 Magnum it counts for 2 bottles? ( I have set the weight to 2kg on Magnum)
Do I need the advanced tool for that?
Again thanks a lot for your support and great help!!
Eric

Help needed to create rule on shipping wine 24 Feb 2018 22:34 #4

Dear Eric,
Of course, if you "ab"use the weight of your products to indicate the number of bottles a product should represent (normal bottles are 1kg, magnum bottles are 2), then the TotalWeight variable holds the "number of bottles". So you would simply use TotalWeight instead of Articles in the rules above.

For the concert tickets you can set weight to 0, so they should not incur any additional shipping cost (I suppose if a customer buys a bottle of wine and a ticket, there should be no additional shipping cost for the ticket, right?). Then you just need to handle the case where TotalWeight==0 (i.e. only tickets are bought).

Best regards,
Reinhold

Help needed to create rule on shipping wine 17 Mar 2018 17:38 #5

• etreu
Thank you so much Reinhold for all this useful information.
I have an issue: when a customer buys a concert ticket (local pickup) AND 6 bottles of wine, no shipping is added.
I also noted if he buys the bottles first in the cart and then the ticket, shipping is added.
Not sure how to handle this. If you have a solution, please let me know. Thanks so much in advance

Help needed to create rule on shipping wine 20 Mar 2018 15:18 #6

• etreu
Hi Reinhold,
I am unclear about this and having an issue with the tickets being charged for bottle and concerts.
I purchased the Advanced Plugins by the way.
I have put all the weights for the products accordingly, 1 for bottles, 2 for magnum, 0 for tickets.
I have changed the formula to this:
TotalWeight<=18; Shipping=20
TotalWeight>=19; Shipping=0
I get an error message and no freight is added over 19 bottles:
Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part 'totalweight'

This was the previous formula which worked fine but not with concert tickets obviously:
Articles<=18; Shipping=19
Articles>=19; Shipping=0
I need to resolve this asa. What am I missing ?
Can you help please? Thanks a lot

Help needed to create rule on shipping wine 27 Mar 2018 23:06 #7

Dear Eric,
The variable that holds the weight is called "Weight", not "TotalWeight" (a bit inconsistent, I know...).

If a customer buys only tickets, do you still want to charge a shipping fee of 20? If not, you'll have to handle the case with Weight==0 (i.e. only tickets) as the first case:
Name="Tickets only"; Weight==0; Shipping=0
Weight<=18; Shipping=20
Weight>=19; Shipping=0
Best regards,
Reinhold

Help needed to create rule on shipping wine 27 Mar 2018 23:31 #8

• etreu
Thank you for the reply Reinhold.
Yes I did figured that out after a few hours of research and trials.
Currently, for tickets, I am only using Weight==0 and it seems to work fine. Any problem with that?
Eric

Help needed to create rule on shipping wine 27 Mar 2018 23:45 #9

Dear Eric,
No, absolutely no problem with using Weight==0 only. I just added the Name=... part for your reference, but that is not needed at all (it just appends "(Tickets only)" to the displayed shipping method name...

Best regard,
Reinhold
  • Page: