WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Demo

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

We are currently unable to provide proper support!

For the last few months we have been very busy working on some huge, very time-consuming and time-sensitive projects, so our support was very limited and we were unable to provide proper support in our forums! We now have a huge backlog of requests from our customers, which we are trying to clear bit by bit. Unfortunately, this takes longer than we anticipated, so our response time is not yet up to par. We are trying our best to improve this situation as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Display message when none of the rules match

Display message when none of the rules match 04 Sep 2018 17:01 #1

I built a set of rules but there is some case when shipping is not possible e.g. extreme big weight etc.

I'm not sure if I can display some message to the customer but not via the standard Joomla message system (the customer won't notice it) but where the shipping method should display so the customer can see that we have this shipping method but he can't choose it because the limitations.

Can I do that somehow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Display message when none of the rules match 10 Sep 2018 16:15 #2

Dear Keep,
Unfortunately this is not easily possible with the way VirtueMart handles shipping methods. A method can either provide a shipping rate - then it is displayed and the user can select it. Or a method does not provide a shipping rate, then VM completely ignores it. It is not possible to show a method to the user, but not let him/her select it. That's a limitation of the VM core.

The only thing that a shipping method can do (if it does not want to offer a shipping rate) is to show a "normal" Joomla warning/error message.

Sorry,
Reinhold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:

VM - Shopping cart

x 

Cart empty

Login Formular