VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping free if product from another cat is ordered 23 Sep 2018 08:11 #1

• grant
  • grant's Avatar Topic Author
HI All

I am building a shop that will have truck loads of compost as products in a category - the shop has limited products in total. The shop is still in localhost whilst i sort this out

1 Cubic Meter load is a product
2 cubic meter load is a product
3 cubic meter load is a product

The above all need to have a shipping charge attached as each one will mean the truck goes out to deliver. However, we also sell some plants and smaller goods that I would like not to charge for if they go out with a big load on the truck.

I have applied the shipping per article rule which is great but it doesnt discriminate between items in the cart and charges a new fee for each item. The smaller items will mostly be by courier but occasionally people will order them with the big loads on the truck.

What is the best way to set this up - please bear in mind that I am not experienced in writing rules.

I can really even do a flat fee per zip/postal code as if the order 10 loads then its ten trips that will fall on one order/invoice and only be charged for once.

Any help is greatly appreciated
  • Page: