About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: apply highest shipping rate

apply highest shipping rate 04 Oct 2018 09:22 #1

Hey everybody

We got several shipping costs, based on the product height. Now if a customer adds several products to the cart, only the rule of the first added product is being applied.

What we need is a rule, that always applies the highest shipping cost (once). So if I add a product with shipping cost 20.-- and add another product afterwards with shipping costs 30.--, 30.-- should be displayed as total of shipping costs.

I didn't find anything in the forum yet (maybe I missed the right search terms), can you please give me a hint, how we could achieve this?

thanks a lot.

Q.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

apply highest shipping rate 06 Oct 2018 12:54 #2

anyone?

apply highest shipping rate 11 Oct 2018 15:54 #3

If the shipping cost depends only on the height of the largest product no matter how many other products are included in the order, then it is quite simple to implement such a shipping cost structure. Instead of using the variable height in the rules, one would simply use the variable MaxHeight and let shipping cost depend on MaxHeight.

If the shipping costs of the largest product depend on other variables than the height of the product, then I am not aware of a simple straightforward solution. Of course, one could always use custom variables to store the individual shipping cost of each product and then manually apply the max functions to those. However this can be quite cumbersome with lots of products.

Best regards,
Reinhold Kainhofer

• Page:

VM - Shopping cart

x 

Cart empty

Login Formular