VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Ordernumbers for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Double numbering orders for one order 27 Dec 2017 12:05 #1

• Yumit
  • Yumit's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

When create new order your plugin crate double order number for same order. Two times meta_key _oton_number_ordernumber
Attachments:

Double numbering orders for one order 31 Dec 2017 15:03 #2

Dear Yumit,
Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Having duplicate post metas is indeed a bad thing and should never happen. Codewise, we are using WooCommerce's WC_Order::update_meta_data, which should replace an existing post meta. We are not manipulating the database directly, where such duplicates might be expected.
Do you see those duplicate post metas with each order, or just with some orders?
I have tried reproducing this issue here at our local installations, but I couldn't. Here, each order (with the same ordernumber settings as shown in your screenshot) always gets just one post meta with key _oton_number_ordernumber...

Which versions of (a) our plugin, (b) WooCommerce, (c) WordPress and (d) PHP do you use? Do you have any other plugins installed that might internally use sub-orders or the like? It's probably easiest if you can create the WooCommerce system report (in the backend, go to "WooCommerce -> Status", button "Get system report", then "Copy for support" and paste everything into an email to office@open-tools.net
That report contains detailed information about your installation, but should not contain any sensitive information. It might help us figure out what causes those duplicate post metas.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Double numbering orders for one order 01 Jan 2018 18:48 #3

• Yumit
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Duplicate post metas with each order.

a: 1.4.3
b: 3.2.6
c: 4.9.1
d: 7.0
No, I have not. But I have tested this plugin just one time but I deleted this plugin.

And I send mail to office@open-tools.net

Thank you !

Double numbering orders for one order 08 Jan 2018 16:17 #4

• erickzarat
I have the same problem and also sent you an email

Double numbering orders for one order 09 Jan 2018 13:40 #5

• Yumit
I don't know why it seems solved on topic but I have same problem.

Double numbering orders for one order 19 Jan 2018 11:09 #6

• Yumit
Hi,

I didn't get any response. How is going?

Double numbering orders for one order 23 Feb 2018 14:16 #7

• Yumit
Hi,

I have same issue still more... I do not have time for wait more. Can you help me to day? I need fix this. Double order number first one on admin panel second one send to customer order mail.

Double numbering orders for one order 23 Feb 2018 18:33 #8

• erickzarat
They doesn't care about this.
But, I have the solution, give me your email.

Double numbering orders for one order 25 Feb 2018 17:15 #9

• Yumit
yumit.gyuler@gmail.com

Double numbering orders for one order 26 Feb 2018 03:00 #10

Dear Yumit, dear Erick,
Thank you for your help and your system reports. As we could not reproduce the issue locally, it took quite a while to figure out a possible culprit. I think we have identified the possible cause of the issue. Could you please modify one line of the plugin and check whether the following modification fixed the issue:

In the file "wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-advanced-ordernumbers/ordernumbers_woocommerce_basic.php" change line 457 from
$order->save_meta_data();
to
$order->save();

Does this little change fix your issue?

Thank you,
Reinhold

PS: Erick, would you mind sharing your solution with us, too? Thank you very much.
  • Page: