VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ID ORDER = NUMBER ORDER 03 Aug 2018 13:08 #1

• jcarlosbravof
  • jcarlosbravof's Avatar Topic Author
I use this plugin to match and match the "id" of the order with the "number" of the order, but it happens that when a user makes several attempts to pay with a credit card the "number" of the order increases with respect to the ID and with the passage of time this difference in numbering is very high and it does not help us.
Does this problem have a solution?

annex the plugin configuration

ID ORDER = NUMBER ORDER 14 Aug 2018 11:52 #2

Dear JCarlosBravof,
Unfortunately that's the way VirtueMart operates. Whenever a customer cancels a payment and tries to pay again, a new order is generated in the system and the old order is left pending. I don't think there is anything we can do in our plugin to get around this.

For the invoice number, though, it is possible to simply use a normal counter and configure VM to not generate an invoice for pending orders. Then at least the invoice numbers do not have these gaps (but of course, they no longer correspond to the order number / id).

Sorry and best regards,
Reinhold

ID ORDER = NUMBER ORDER 17 Jan 2020 13:40 #3

• thebden
I understand that I am resurrecting an old post here, my apologies...

As I understand, the original context of this issue relates to the following behavior (an issue we are now suffering after updating VM from v3.1.8 to v3.4).

1. Customer cancels a payment or their is some other failure / decline in payment.
2. The Order ID is retained as the customer attempts to pay a second time and presumably succeeds.
3. Somewhere in this process (when using the plugin to substitute the Order Number for the Order ID) the plugin counter skips ahead of the Order ID numbering.

This behavior is different than the implied response (if I am reading the original post correctly).
This being the case, we are desperately looking for a solution and prepared to pay.

Please let me know if you (or anyone) can help to resolve this issue (maybe by adding additional conditions to check last known Order ID).
  • Page: