Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!



The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1


Virtuemart Account Details 25 Apr 2013 17:51 #1

  • artvue
  • artvue's Avatar Topic Author
When an order is generated, going to the Virtuemart account maintenance page, customer sees a list of orders. When you click on an order generated with this plugin enabled, I get 'Order not found! It may have been deleted.'

This does not happen when I switch the plugin off and revert to the standard virtuemart order number.

Otherwise works fine. Any way to avoid this issue?


Virtuemart Account Details 25 Apr 2013 18:01 #2

What is the format of your order numbers?

It seems to work fine on my page (e.g. check your own user accoun maintainance page on open-tools.net, which displays your order just fine).

The only reason I can imagine is that your order numbers contain some special characters (like "/" or so) that confuse either the joomla SEF or the VirtueMart order controller...


Virtuemart Account Details 25 Apr 2013 19:00 #3

A quick update: I have now checked it with an order number format that contains a slash / and SEF enabled. That slash in the ordernumber causes problems, because with SEF enabled, the link to the Order details is: example.com/orders/number/[ORDERNUMBER].html. In case where the ordernumber contains a slash, the result is something like example.com/orders/number/Order-201304/1.html, where the Joomla SEF router cannot properly split the URL into the order number.

I'm afraid that this is a problem that does not have any solution, but as a workaround you can switch to an order number format that simply does not use a slash (invoice numbers can have slashes).


Virtuemart Account Details 26 Apr 2013 14:35 #4

  • artvue
  • artvue's Avatar Topic Author
That's it, I had punctuation in the format I chose, which I have removed. All works fine now, looking good - thanks again!

[SOLVED] Virtuemart Account Details 03 May 2013 23:24 #5

Problem solved.
  • Page:
  • 1