VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Downloads for Sale for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Media File Not Available Error 08 Apr 2014 01:58 #1

• binarix
  • binarix's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I want to give PDF files to download to people. So in the invoice they have the downloading link. But when i click the downloading link. it says Media File Not available..

Can you please help me to fix this.

Second issues I have PDF files with size of 9mb - 15mb. So how can I add them to the system. My approach was to add in FTP and then link it in the media section. Can you please help me how to add PDF files to the media section. my system is already accepting 200mb uploading capacity as I set the PDF upload size to that.

Please help me

Media File Not Available Error 18 Apr 2014 16:27 #2

Dear binarix,
1) Regarding the "Media file not available": How have you uploaded the file and created the media file object in the VM media manager? In VM's media manager (in the Virtuemart Backend), does the link to the file work? I have experienced cases where users created a media file, but did not check the "Upload" radio button, so the media object was created but the file never uploaded to the server.

2) You can either upload each file individually in the VM media section, or you can upload them via FTP and then use " Synchronize media to VirtueMart " in the VM media manager to create new media objects for the files you uploaded outside of VM. You'll then have to adjust the descriptions for those files manually in the VM media manager.

If you run into problems when uploading files through the VM media manager: The upload of files in VM is restricted by the system-wide PHP max upload size that is configured in the system's php.ini file. No Joomla or VM setting can override this, only changing the PHP setting in php.ini or possibly a .htaccess file can solve this.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: