VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipment by Zip list 06 May 2014 15:46 #1

• mxon
  • mxon's Avatar Topic Author
Let say I have one .xls file with about 900 records like below:
TK Type
10436 1
20100 2
20200 3
20300 2
20400 3
20500 3
21051 2

So customers are divides to 3 categories

I assume that 'Type' field cannot be a virtuemart shopper field .

How can I use the advanced plugin use such lists ;

TIA

[SOLVED] Shipment by Zip list 15 May 2014 07:22 #2

• mxon
  • mxon's Avatar Topic Author
Problem solved (the hard way)

Using excel I isolated different types (sort according to Type,Zip)

Using Notepad++ I paste the first type (=1) into a blank text , using search and replace , I added " and , and I removed {ENTER}
Name="ACS1"; ZIP in list("10436","11147","12131","12242",...,"85103","85104","85401"); (Weight>0) ; Shipping=...bla bla bla...

I did the same to all other types

I know this is not easily manageable by novice users. I also did the alternative of maintaining a zip table and using some MySql triggers but it was too complex.

[SOLVED] Shipment by Zip list 02 Jun 2014 10:52 #3

I don't have a better solution, either. The only thing I would do differently is that I would place the zip check into a separate varable definition "Type", which yu can then use in subsequent rules.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: