VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problem with dimensions of the package 18 Apr 2013 00:16 #1

• mxf
  • mxf's Avatar Topic Author
Hi
I set up two types of packages.
from 0 to 120 cm (A) and 121-175 cm (B).
It works well if you order a package from one of the compartments (A or B).

But if I add one small (A) and one large (B) package then there is a problem.

How to define the command if you add two different dimensions, and I want it to send as a B (within the range of 121-175 cm).

I have this:
Name=1-120cm A;
1<=Weight<30;
MinHeight=>1;
MaxHeight<=120;
Shipping=23

Name=121-175cm B;
1<=Weight<30;
MinHeight=>121;
MaxHeight<=175;
Shipping=46

And I want something like this:

1<=Weight<30; MinHeight=>1; MaxHeight<=120 AND MinHeight=>121; MaxHeight<=175; Shipping=46

Please help.

Problem with dimensions of the package 22 Apr 2013 12:24 #2

Hi,
do I understand you correctly that if the customer buys multiple products, and at least one of them is of type B, then you want the second shipping rate?

In that case, I would suggest rules like:
Name=1-120cm A; 1<=Weight<30; MaxHeight<=120; MinHeight>=1; Shipping=23
Name=121-175cm B; 1<=Weight<30; 121<=MaxHeight<=175; Shipping=46

The first rule catches all orders where none of the items is higher than 120cm.
The second rule will only be checked if the first rule does not match. There, I only check if the maximum height is between 121 and 175 cm. Notice that a condition MinHeight>=121 means that EVERY product needs to have a height of at least 121cm, otherwise the rule won't match. I don't think that's what you intended. What you really want to check is if any of the products is higher than 121 (i.e. 121<=MaxHeight) and all are smaller than 175 (i.e. MaxHeight<=175).

Hope that helps,
Reinhold

[SOLVED] Problem with dimensions of the package 10 May 2013 22:31 #3

Problem solved.
  • Page: