VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Different price Saturday shipping 26 May 2015 19:12 #1

• jesuskj00
  • jesuskj00's Avatar Topic Author
I have Advanced rules by shipping and i need add new price by day, exactly, shipping in Saturday +6,00€
Its possible? I read anything "by days" but i dont know how i can add this.

Thanks.

Different price Saturday shipping 28 May 2015 00:36 #2

Dear Jesus,
From your question, I don't fully understand whether you want to add +6€ to all orders that are done on Saturday or to all orders that should be delivered on a Saturday...

The first case, where you want to add 6€ to all orders that are submitted on a Saturday is actually quite simple (the function weekday() returns the numeric representation of the day of the week: 0 (for Sunday) through 6 (for Saturday)):
Name=Surcharge for Saturday; weekday()==6; ExtraShippingCharge=6

Place this above all other rules and it will add 6€ to whatever shipping cost the remaining rules give.

The second case is not really possible with the plugin, because you need to let the user somehow select Saturday delivery. If you need to let the user select a particular delivery date, then I think there is some plugin available for this. The delivery date will, however, not automatically be available in the rules. Rather, you'll have to do some PHP programming to make it available.

If you don't need the user to select a particular date, then you can simply set up a second shipping rule with the same conditions/rules, just with 6€ higher shipping costs and name that "Saturday delivery".

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: