VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Quebec / Canada taxes not working on shipping 31 Mar 2016 14:59 #1

• Ologix
  • Ologix's Avatar Topic Author
Hi!

I'm a new user of your plugin (Advanced shipping by rules) and I just discovered a little bug in the taxes calculation in specific conditions.

The shop i'm building is a Canadian shop from Quebec. We have 2 taxes here. Both taxes are applied to every product and they should be applied on the shipping too. With your plugin, the average of the 2 taxes is applied on the shpping cost, which is not correct for us in Quebec. It should be the addition of the 2 taxes.

Here is an explanation and example :

Tax 1 (TPS) : +5.000% on original cost
Tax 2 (TVQ) : +9.975% on original cost
if my shiping cost is 5.00$, I should get 5.75, taxes included.
With your plugin, I got 5,38. It seems to be the average of the 2 taxes instead of the addition of the 2 taxes.

You can see the attached image for references. I have 2 shipment methods. 1 with the default virtuemart plugin and 1 with your plugin. Both are 5$ plus taxes. The result is correct with the default VM plugin, but not with yours.

There is also an old discussion on the subject here : forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119474.msg406449#msg406449

So, is there any way to make it work as I want in your plugin? Or maybe this is a bug or an option that should be added?

Thanks! Otherwise your plugin is awesome! :)

P.S. : Sorry if my English is bad. This is not my first language.
Attachments:

Quebec / Canada taxes not working on shipping 06 Apr 2016 13:43 #2

• Ologix
Hi!

Any news on that problem? I really need to make it works for the Quebec taxes.

Thanks! :)

EDIT : I just found another behavior that is (maybe) related : When I am logged as a super user, I see this message in the cart :

vmError: Unrecognised mathop in calculation rule found, seems you created this rule with plugin not longer accesible (deactivated, uninstalled?)

The message is only showing if the tax of the shipping method is set to "Apply default rules". If I set it to something else (one specific tax for example) the message disapear.

Everything else outside of this pluygin is set to "Apply default rules" and everything works.

Waiting for some news on that soon.

Thanks!

Quebec / Canada taxes not working on shipping 07 Apr 2016 23:30 #3

Dear Ologix,
Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of the issue and we are working hard on fixing it. The hard part is not to make multiple taxes work, but to keep the ShippingWithTaxes feature working at the same time, too.

If you don't need the ShippingWithTaxes (i.e. if you are fine with specifying shipping costs before taxes), then there is a simple way to make multiple taxes work again: In the file plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php around line 248 simply insert the following lines at the beginning of the setCartPrices function (i.e. right after the line with "function setCartPrices (VirtueMartCart $cart, &$cart_prices, $method, $progressive=true) {" ):
$includes_tax = isset($method->includes_tax) && $method->includes_tax;
if (!$includes_tax) {
	return parent::setCartPrices($cart, $cart_prices, $method, $progressive);
}

This should fix your issue, but the ShippingWithTax will be broken. Once we have a fix for that too, we will release an update version that officially fixes this issue. For now you can modify the setCartPrices function to get things working straight away.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Quebec / Canada taxes not working on shipping 08 Apr 2016 17:45 #4

• Ologix
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The fix works very well!

I'll wait the official fix eventually, but for the moment that's perfect for me.

Thanks! :)

[SOLVED] Quebec / Canada taxes not working on shipping 09 Apr 2016 11:43 #5

Problem solved.
  • Page: