VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No warning message when shipping is NOT possible 29 Jul 2016 20:50 #1

• alyspers
  • alyspers's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I just purchased and installed Shipping by rule to run on my Joomla 2.5x, virtuemart 2.0.

I'm having these problems:
1. I'm not seeing any warning message when shipping not possible. My ajax VP one page checkout hides system message, is there any solution to this? Otherwise, can you recommend a compatible one page checkout plugin?

2. Whats the difference between the two below? Both are showing up as shipping option in checkout.
Name=No shipping to this area; 8000<=ZIP<9000; Shipping=3
Name="No shipping to this area"; 8000<=ZIP<9000; Shipping=3

Please advice.

No warning message when shipping is NOT possible 30 Jul 2016 11:05 #2

Dear Alyspers,
1. While I don't know the VP one page checkout in particular, in general, OPC systems update the checkout page via AJAX calls. Our shipping plugin uses Joomla's and VM's default ways to specify shipping costs and to trigger error/warning messages. The display of the messages is actually not handled by our plugin, but by Joomla itself. It's really up to the OPC extensions to handle system messages in their ajax calls. That's not too hard, but it cannot be done in our shipping plugin, because our shipping plugin is only called by VM to return the price, but cannot actually insert any JavaScript or HTML into the checkout page on its own.

2. The quotation marks around the name are optional. The only case where they are relevant is when you want to have a semicolon inside the rule name, since the semicolon would otherwise be understood as the separator between the conditions.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: