VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 06 Nov 2013 01:58 #1

• Mikeymore
  • Mikeymore's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,

I have a question: I have a shop with 2 taxes: 6% and 21%
What I want is that the tax on the shipping is calculated the following way:

When chose product(s) of 6% - calculate base shipping + 6% tax
When chose product(s) of 21% - calculate base shipping + 21% tax

When chose a product of 6% AND 21% - calculate the highest (21%) tax of shipping.

In my rules I set the baseprice (shipping:2.50) and select no vat %, just "use the rules"
I have set just 1 region, because I sell only in 1 country.

Is that possible to set up with your component? Or do I have to buy the Advanced shipping by rules?
Thanks in advance!!

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 07 Nov 2013 10:46 #2

• manuxx
This is what we asked for here also:

www.open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rul...no-shipping-tax.html

The problem is that this was not part of VM until we asked for it (and payed btw) it will be added in next release of VM 2.024a.

Actually only tax per product was applied but not payment fee or shipping.

However you are setting an scenario where it applies the highest rate. We could do that, but the best option at least for Spain and Germany and many other European countries is to apply and average tax which is what VM will do.

Although I won't mind the plugin applying the highest tax between 2, that would be legally correct too, however I think the average is the correct way to do it.

This was developed following the German law which is similar to the spanish one for this case.

Please Reinhold tell us something although I guess you can't do much until version A is released.

I have the advanced plugin but currently it does not apply any tax when it faces 2 different taxes in the same order.

Regards

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 12 Nov 2013 05:50 #3

• Mikeymore
Thanks for the information.

You are right, currently no shipping tax is calculated when add 2 different taxes in the cart.

@Reinhold: Can you say more about this issue?

When is VM 2.0.24a come out?

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 17 Nov 2013 00:23 #4

• Mikeymore
Maybe its now already doable with an override? My customers want a quick solution and I am stuck!

Thanks in advance!

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 17 Nov 2013 02:00 #5

• manuxx
Well 2.024a is out now. However we can't do anything until Reinhold adapts its plugin to this new change.

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 23 Nov 2013 00:35 #6

I have now released a BETA (i.e. UNSTABLE) version of the plugin that should handle multiple taxes properly. You can download it from the plugin's homepage and try it out. Please notice that this version has not yet been extensively tested, so it is not meant to be used on a production website.

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 15 Dec 2013 13:39 #7

• manuxx
Hi Reinhold

This is working fine in our site, we did it the hard way and actually we installed it the same day it was released and we have not noticed any issues in the beta, the tax is correctly calculated.

Regards

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 21 Dec 2013 00:07 #8

Thanks for the feedback!

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 06 Jan 2014 09:06 #9

• manuxx
Hi Reinhold

Since you are a mathematician could you please tell us the mathematical rule applied to obtain this average tax.

We tried with arithmetic mean and weighted average but none gave us the same result in several orders.

Regards

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 11 Jan 2014 23:42 #10

The shipping cost is split across the different tax rates in the same proportion as the cart is split. E.g. assume you have the following cart:

1x Product A, 20€, +10% Tax => price with tax is 22€, including 2€ taxes
1x Product B, 10€, +20% Tax => price with tax is 12€, including 2€ taxes

The whole cart is 30€ (before taxes), where 2/3 are taxed with 10% and 1/3 is taxed with 20%. The shipping cost is also split and taxed like this:

If you have shipping costs (before taxes) of 10€, then 2/3 of it (6.66666€) are taxed with 10% and the rest (3.3333333€) is taxed with 20%, resulting in
10% of 6.66666 => 0.666666
+ 20% of 3.33333 => 0.666666
===============================
SUM (tax on shipping): 1.33

I hope this makes the shipping tax calculation a bit more transparent.

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 13 Jan 2014 12:43 #11

• manuxx
Thanks a lot for the info, results appears as legal valid values for us, we just couldn't figure out how they were obtained.

Regards

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 22 Jan 2014 22:48 #12

• h-bo

I have now released a BETA (i.e. UNSTABLE) version of the plugin that should handle multiple taxes properly. You can download it from the plugin's homepage and try it out. Please notice that this version has not yet been extensively tested, so it is not meant to be used on a production website.

Hi Reinhold,

I have now for the first time installed virtuemart to see if this is the best software for me.

I downloaded the free trial to see whether it is suitable for me.
Can i also use this plugin with the free version?. To see if this works for me also.

I can not find a downloadlink to the multiple taxes plugin. If this plugin also works for the free version, Can you specify the direct download link here Please.

H. Boer

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 24 Jan 2014 13:38 #13

First, what do you mean with "free trial" of Virtuemart? VirtueMart and Joomla are completely free, there is no trial and full version, just one free, full version. My shipping plugins can of course be used with the "free" version of VirtueMart.

The multiple taxes plugin you are referring to. Rather, that functionality has been implemented directly in VirtueMart and is available in all virtuemart versions starting 2.0.26. And my shipping plugins were fixed in plugin version 4.0 to correctly use that functionality for the shipping costs.

So, all you need is VM version >= 2.0.26 and my shipping by rules plugin version >=4.0

Best regards,
Reinhold

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 24 Jan 2014 15:28 #14

• h-bo
Thanks for your answer,

My version is VM 2.0.26d Today I bought the shipping by rules plugin and have installed it.

Now I read everything again end I read the post below this (SUM (tax on shipping): 1.33) is the way VM tax is calculated.
if so is there a way to change this.

Calculate the right Tax of shipping 27 Jan 2014 13:27 #15

Unfortunately, VM currently only implements either a fixed tax on the shipping costs (i.e. independent of the cart's contents and their tax rates) or the weighted tax on the shipping as described above. Using the maximum or minimum tax rates of the cart contents is something that would need to be implemented in VirtueMart itself, not in a shipping plugin (which simply passes the net shipping amount to the VM core, which then handles all tax issues).
  • Page: